Joygerms

Spread the epidemics of joy

Mar 23, 2006

My flight essay

As i ponder on the word flight, it really makes me wonder how on earth did we ever learn to fly like birds. Base on my knowledge, the early efforts of flight began with kites. The discovery that kites could fly in the air was discovered by the chinese. It therefore started humans thinking about flying and i believe kites have been crucial to the invention of flight. I personally believe that the fact for human to be able to fly in the air is no big deal in the 21th century. But it must have been hardwork for those pioneers who had slowly discovered how to even lift from the ground. Not to mention fly. I can also guarantee that many must have lost their precious lives while inventing and trying out their new devices to fly. For many centuries, humans have tried to fly just like birds initially because of curiosity. Wings were made from feathers of light-weight wood and were attached to their arms to test their ability to fly. I doubt they succeeded. The results must have been disastrous during that time. After so many years of hardwork and determination, humankind is now able to fly as freely as a bird to anywhere in this world via airplanes. However, planes that are built nowadays are not out of curiosity anymore but more for the transport for people, luggage, cargo, military men etc. I am very amazed by the history of flight on how people actually started from scratch. And because of all these people, i am truly inspired to be an air stewardess when i grow up. I would like to enjoy and experience the world with my own eyes through the 21th century's advances on flight ( that's added on to make the essay have more 'kick' ). I think the greatest contribution on this world is the fact that we are able to to fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home