Joygerms

Spread the epidemics of joy

Feb 19, 2006

Groovy night

My target is to finish today's post by 9 so that i can go and watch tv. Actually i was quite reluctant to blog today. But because of the amazing things that happened yesterday, it's a must for me. Seriously speaking, yesterday's groovy night event went better then i expected. I woke up to prepare at 8.30am waiting for boss, miss wini to hop over to help me with the things. Once again she was late as i expected. Head right to church and started boiling a humongous pot of water as if it was meant for the witch to boil their soup in those children stories. By the way, it took about half an hour to boil and you wouldn't believe how big the fire was. I gotta cook spaghettis for roughly 200 people. It was a lifetime experience which i wouldn't want to do it again. I got a feeling that i won't eat spaghettis in the near future. Got to rest my mind from the smell to the taste. I guess priscilla was sick of tasting those spaghettis as well as shunbin, the other chef cook. I refused to try it as it looked gross. As i was just boiling and cooking and boiling and cooking, i saw how things worked out in the end. How the stage was set up to the pa settings at the back. How hard the band was practicing and trying to sing the right tune. All those hundreds of people that kept on coming into the kitchen helping shunbin and i to cook and prepare. All these wouldn't had happened without God. This event would be nothing without Him and it would be meaningless. Whether or not those hundred of non believers recieved christ, it doesn't matter as long as they got to hear about Jesus. It was all worth it and i didn't regret it. I bet the rest who worked their ass off would agree with me too. Infact, the other reason why i was glad is because i got to meet up with 3 of my primary school mates. Daniel sor the dinosaur, lester the molester and linus the angmohgia. What a small world. Despite our tiredness, the two cooks, boss, charissa and john went to party world at 12 midnight. Very nice. It was open waiting for us in a sense that it's gonna close at 1am. I was super hungry at that time. You might wonder am i still hungry despite cooking so much and i should have ate eariler. The reason is i didn't felt like eating after seeing how me and thomas mixed it. And worse still, how shaun and john tossed it around in a red tub. The rest i shall keep it a secret for my new friend spaghettis, short form spag. I don't want to humiliate spag too much. And so we went and sat down at mac. My stomach didn't give up. It was as hungry as ever but mac was already closed. One kind mac delivery man heard my stomach and gave me his chicken foldover which he intended to throw under one condition. I can't make a sound, i don't have to pay him, and i need to run as fast as i can so as to not let his manager see. That was my first time eating that after it came out ( which was decades ago ). I think most of us reached home within minutes except for poor charissa and john. That should be the reason why we were late for church today. John didn't even come. Haha. It's 8.42pm now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home